|Kingsknowe Golf Club
326 Lanark Road,
|Phone: + 44 (0)131 441 1145
e-mail: contact form
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: Parkland, laid out over and through the valleys of gently rolling hills. The hills now define the picturesque cherry tree-lined fairways
- Number Of Holes: 18
- Yardage: 5945 yds
- Par: 69
- Bar/Restaurant: Full catering facilities in the Bar and Dining Room
- Drinks/Snacks: Snack menu available
- Changing Facilities: Yes
- Shower Facilities: Yes
- Pro-Shop: Fully stocked pro shop with all the leading brands golf equipment
- Golf Club Hire: Yes, golf clubs from leading manufacturers
- Buggy Hire: Buggies are available to hire
- Trolley Hire: Pull and Power trolleys available to hire
- Practice Area: Practice area available
- Putting Practice: Yes
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Find A fantastic Golfing Break From Golfbreaks
In Their Words ...........
Kingsknowe Golf Club is situated in the south west of Edinburgh, only 10 minutes from the city centre, and 5 minutes from the M8 and M9 Motorways. The Edinburgh City By-Pass is also close to the club, and the 44 Bus stops right outside our door on Lanark Road. Established in 1908 the club has an 18 hole golf course, originally designed by Alec Herd the 1902 Open champion, and later redesigned by James Braid.
Kingsknowe is a parkland golf course laid out over and through the valleys of gently rolling hills where Oliver Cromwell’s army gathered to bombard Redhall Castle in 1650. The hills now define the picturesque cherry tree-lined fairways that encourage mindful golfers to approach the well-guarded and relatively small greens with accuracy and care. The course has two loops of nine from the clubhouse, starting at the Chair, one of four par three holes. The Standard Scratch Score is 69.
The course has a practice ground, and a putting green and new all-weather chipping facility close to the clubhouse and first tee.
Scorecard and course layout
Weather Forecast Summary
Supplied by Golfweather.com